Day 26: Curry

12:31 AM The Hydes 0 Comments

The first time I had curry I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was made by a friend from India....he knows what he's talking about! It was sooo good! After that I always stuck with yellow curry because I thought it was the best and most authentic. I then went to a thai restaurant (ya, THAT thai restaurant) on a night I was feeling particularly adventurous. It was torturous, being a creature of habit, to try a different kind of curry. But, after one bight I found I love torture. This curry seemed even better than the first. Dr. Seuss was right yet again "try it and you may, try it and you may I say."

Massaman Curry
1 pkg or can massaman curry (maesri is a good brand. Make sure it says massaman!)
2 sweet potatoes cubed (or any kind of potato is good)
2 carrots cubed
1 can coconut milk

Throw everything together in a slow cooker or a large pot. Cook till the potatoes and carrots are tender. Serve over rice. You can add as little or as much curry paste as you like. Top with cilantro and chopped peanuts to serve.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: