Day 2: Fried Rice

6:18 PM The Hydes 2 Comments

I must admit, I stole this recipe from my husband. When it comes to fried rice he is THE MAN! This is one of his signature meals. A man who is good looking and can cook....well, need I say more? I am blessed!

There are many great things about fried rice (not the least of all is that my husband makes it) One is how easy it is to throw together. It also is a great way to use up left overs and get in some healthy veggies. So, Without further ado, I hand you oveCheck Spellingr to the master chef himself.....

Given that intro I'm a bit nervous...here goes:

Fried Rice

Rice that is already cooked - brown is best. It is more chewy and nutritious
1 bag frozen veggies
Fresh veggies
Olive/vegetable/canola/peanut oil - whatever kind you have but e.v.o.o. is best
Bragg liquid aminos - it's like soy sauce only healthier

Pull out a large saucepan or wok, add frozen and fresh veggies and oil. Then begin a light saute. You are not deep frying here, so add only enough oil to keep the veggies from sticking to the pan. Once warmed through add cooked rice and liquid aminos (to taste).

...And, you're done! We like to wrap it up in seaweed/nori paper thingees

ADDITIONS: If budget allows add: diced onion, shredded cabbage and carrot, sweet corn, snap peas, garlic (if your wife can handle the smell which may or may not happen to linger on your person for a few days). Soy beans also taste great in this and will add to the protein content of the meal.

Wow, thanks love....I don't mean to "bragg" but he does windows too! For a little clarification since my hubby is so in on the health world lingo... E.V.O.O is Extra Virgin Olive Oil....you probably got that but I'm a bit slow.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Cute post guys. And it would probably make my mouth water if I hadnt just polished off a big old bowl of Lucky Charms...for dinner none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, I think Lucky Charms are vegan...aren't they? Actualy, what ARE lucky charms made of?

    ReplyDelete