Day 15: Spaghetti with "Meat"Sauce & Garlic Bread

10:12 PM The Hydes 0 Comments

There are some days that you just need something quick, easy, and satisfying. I find that those days usually land on Mondays. Who knows what it is about Mondays that strikes fear into young and old alike? I remember, as a kid, praying I would get sick on Sunday night so I wouldn't have to go to school on Monday.....nothing too serious, just a minor cough and slight temperature.
At our house dad was the spaghetti king. My dad had four dishes that he specialized in: spaghetti, mashed potatoes, ramaki, and granola. That's about it. But, when he cooked them he sure knew what he was doing.

There was one thing about my dad's spaghetti though. My father.....we'll, he has a bit of a sweet tooth and it carried over into everything he made (except the mashed potatoes, thank heaven). My dad always made sweet spaghetti sauce. It tasted alright and it was what we were raised on so we were non the wiser. But, I remember the first time I had plain bottled spaghetti sauce. I was shocked. It tasted so different. I was away at college so I called my dad and asked what brand he used, thinking I had the wrong one. He informed me that I had the right brand, he just always put brown sugar in it to make it sweet. Well, I was converted to salty spaghetti sauce and I've never looked back.....sorry dad.

I often crave spaghetti. I don't know if there are others that crave carbs like I do. My husband can go weeks and never think of a carb but if I go more then a few days I start to get cranky. And spaghetti, besides being quick, easy, and satisfying, is also comforting after a long Monday back at the grind stone.


Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce
1-2 lbs spaghetti
1-2 jars spaghetti sauce

Garlic Bread
1 french bread loaf
or
2 slices of bread per person
1 clove garlic or powdered
extra virgin olive oil

Alright, if you don't know how to cook spaghetti then you need more help then I thought. Please contact me personally and I will take you through it step by step. Otherwise, get to cookin your pasta. When the pasta is finished, drain the water and pour in your sauce. Once your sauce is incorporated add your "meat." Gently toss a few times and serve. Be sure you make enough for leftovers. We are going to use them in our Spaghetti Pie and this will speed up the process.

Slice your loaf of french bread and rub with the clove of garlic. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and broil till the top is golden brown. If using garlic powder, drizzle with olive oil first and then sprinkle with garlic.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: