Day 11: Nachooooooos

10:31 PM The Hydes 0 Comments

Back in my carnivore days, nachos had to be one of my favorite indulgences. Whenever we went out for Mexican, I didn't even need to look at a menu, I already knew what would satisfy my desires. But, as a vegan this poses a real problem: the meat, the cheese, and the sour cream (ohhh the sour cream).

After much searching I've found a substitute better than the original! This is also a superb way to use up leftovers from Beloved Taco Night (if there are any).

Nachooooooos
1 bag tortilla chips
taco flavored lentils
or
taco flavored meat crumbles
refried beans
nacho cheese sauce
fresh salsa
chopped lettuce
extra cilantro
extra green peppers sliced
guacamole (optional)

On a cookie sheet or 9x13 pan place the tortilla chips then layer the refried beans, lentils, and cheese sauce. Broil on a low rack till everything is heated through and the chips are really crispy. Top with fresh salsa, lettuce, cilantro, peppers and guacamole. If you're using leftovers this will make up in less then 10 minutes!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: