Day 19: Spicy Mac & Cheese

11:14 PM The Hydes 0 Comments

I have four adorable nieces! They are the cutest quartet of little girls - hands down. They all have such distinct personalities and they come up with funny stuff on a daily basis. My brother, who spent two years in South Korea on a LDS mission insisted that one of their first solid foods was Kimchee. When I first heard this I thought it was child abuse. Giving a little kid something that spicy; but, I find that I have to eat my words. All of them have loved it and they are some of the best eaters I've ever seen. They aren't picky at all and even enjoy other spicy foods.

Momma's "Little" Helper

When my brother came home from Korea he introduced us to "power lunch." Apparently this was a staple in his diet. His recipe consisted of boxed mac & cheese (or what we refer to as yellow death), mayo, hot dogs, and Korean red pepper paste...a real authentic Korean dish. Honestly, the taste wasn't too bad but I could feel my arteries clogging with every bite.

This recipe replaces all the fat and oils with protien and grains. Korean red pepper paste is really quite good for you. It's great for your heart and blood flow. So, here is a healthy alternative to hot dogs and yellow death.


Spicy Mac & Cheese

1 box pasta (I like shell noodles but to each his own)
vegan cheese
veganaise
Korean Red Pepper Paste

Cook and drain your pasta. Stir in your vegan cheese, a spoonful of veganaise and a little red pepper paste. Add the red pepper paste gradually, you wont need very much, this stuff packs a punch! For a gourmet flair, sprinkle with bread crumbs and put under the broiler till the breadcrumbs are toasted.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: