Day 5: Oodle Soup/ Vegetable Broth

4:18 PM The Hydes 0 Comments

My Brothers and Sisters, I stand before you today to make a declaration. In this solumn time I want to proclaim how truly disgusting and revolting it is to see noodles in soup. With the exception of ramen noodles (bless the man who invented those!) noodles in soup should NOT be tolerated! A squishy mouth full of dough does not enhance, enlighten, or ennoble any broth. It never has and it never will.

Not wanting to be solely a pointer outer of negativenesses, I also bring to the table a solution. I give you Oodle soup.

At home this soup was called "cockie-leeky" soup but on a youth conference campout, I was made to kill the cock so my days of eating chicken were over. I guess we could call it leeky soup but aren't all broth soups on the leeky side? Yes. Oodle soup it must be.



Oodle Soup/Vegetable Broth

1 onion
5-10 cubed potatoes
4-5 cut carrots
4-5 ribs of celery chopped
1 stalk Leeks chopped
garlic powder
salt



Chop everything and put it in a big pot or slow cooker. Cover with water and simmer till the carrots are soft. You may have to add water as you go. Add salt and garlic powder to taste. Easy Peasy.

Be sure to make a big pot of this because we'll use the left overs in our next dish. The broth freezes well and comes in handy. It can be used any time a recipe calls for broth. No more store- bought broth.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: