Day 28: Kenyan Peanut Soup

8:13 PM The Hydes 0 Comments

After Matthew and I got married we returned to Brigham Young University - Hawaii (the only true BYU) where I had previously been working on my bachelors degree in International Cultural Studies (ICS). At BYUH, every semester they have an event called FoodFest.....the real reason why I went to BYUH. Being a very international campus, with more than 70 countries represented, there were many cultural clubs that played a vital roll on campus. One of their rolls, and ways of fundraising, was FoodFest. Each club made food from their respective countries and sold it. The whole community turned out for the event. One year the African Club presented Kenyan Peanut Soup. Ahhhh. It was an instant hit! I saved some for the next day so I could make some of my own. This is the result. We went back the next semester and the club had a different dish, I can't even remember what it was. All I remember was how heart broken I was and how I had to come home and make a pot of it just to comfort myself. I'm okay now.

Kenyan Peanut Soup
vegetable broth
1 head cabbage
garlic powder
chopped peanuts
green onions

Chop the head of cabbage and saute in a large pot. Add the thai peanut sauce and enough vegetable broth to make it a creamy soup consistency. Add salt and garlic powder to taste. Top with chopped peanuts and green onions

You Might Also Like

0 comments: