Day 52: mmm cake.......

7:05 PM The Hydes 1 Comments

Ok, I'm back. I think those brownies really did the trick. And to celebrate I say "let them eat cake." I've never been a big fan of sugar, chocolate in particular. They always tend to give me sugar head aches, does anyone else get those? But since I can control the sweetness factor I've been liking chocolate a lot more. Ever since I was a kid my birthday cake has always been a chocolate cake with no icing....icing...yucky!

When it comes to vegan cake, our favorite line is from the movie "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler when he walks into the birthday party, "whats that smell? Is that the donkey" and the little kid with his mouth full of cake replies " no, it's the cake" while vegan cake isn't always "rank"ed on the top of the list of party foods - This cake really takes the cake if ya know what I mean.

Vegan Chocolate Cake
1 1/4 c white flour
1 c sugar
1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c warm "milk"
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 c oil
1 tsp vinegar

In two separate bowls mix the wet and the dry. Pour the wet into the dry and blend. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake on 350 till a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for a few minutes and only put icing on it if you absolutely have to.

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. K I'm sorry to say but when I first saw this picture I thought it was a dead beheaded mouse! Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete