Day 57: Pancakes/ waffles

4:48 PM The Hydes 0 Comments

Matthew loves the pancake....or, pankakie as they are called here. As for myself....not so much. I don't know what it is, I'm just not a fan. They're just too spongy for my liking, but I love myself some waffles. I feel like donkey on Shrek. If I found random waffles in the woods I'd be thankin the waffle fairy and chowin down. Now please don't analyze the contradiction that is my life. Matthew and I have had this discussion many times and I agree there is no rational conclusion. I plead with you just to be happy and love me as I am.

Vegan Pancakes / Waffles1 1/4 c whole wheat flour
4 dates
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 c "milk"
1 tb oil

In your trusty food processor, add all the dry ingredients, including the dates. Blend the mixture till the dates are unrecognizable. Now add the milk and oil and blend. This should be a very thick batter. Don't try to thin it out.....it doesn't work. Oil a pan and pour on the batter. Swirl the pan a bit to even out the batter. Cook on both sides.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: