Day 58: Hash Browns

5:11 PM The Hydes 0 Comments

If there is one food in the world that I could eat all day, all night, and into the next day; it would be hash browns. I often have this before a fast as my farewell salute to food for a few hours. There are few things in this world that bring a smile to my face more than a huge plate of hash browns "smothered and covered" as the nice waitress at denny's used to say. But now I make my own smothered and covered and fight the urge to lick my plate....in public at least.

I love this recipe because it is sooo yummy and has only 3 ingredients

Hash browns
3-4 russet potatoes
1 c cooked brown rice or barley

a dash of onion salt


Wash your potatoes very well! Place in your food processor and pulse till they are very fine. Now add the cooked rice and onion salt and pulse. Kneed everything to make sure its sticks together. Roll out the mixture and use a cup to cut circles and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes flipping once. These are great to make ahead and they freeze really well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: