Week 9: Breakfast Anytime

4:28 PM The Hydes 1 Comments

At our house, breakfast for dinner was forbidden. We didn't even know it was an option. But, my eyes were opened and my life changed the day I experienced the wonder of breakfast for dinner. I remember exactly where I was when it happened. I was in Fossil Ridge Texas. A lovely family invited us over for dinner where we had bacon, eggs, waffles, toast, juice, and a myriad of other breakfast related items. Since then I have found no fault with having a morning meal related item more towards the evening.

On the flip side, my husband and I often like to have dinner for breakfast. For example, this morning we had leftover fried rice and lumpia for breakfast and found it quite delightful. The mere mention of this to my sister in law would send her reeling. She firmly insists that breakfast must be sweet.

With this menu you decide, there's a little something for everyone, and whether you have it in the am or a little later in the day, I'm sure you'll find them scrumptious.

Week 9
Monday: Pancakes
Tuesday:Hashbrowns
Wednesday: Granola
Thursday: Power Smoothie
Friday: French Toast
Saturday: Hash
Sunday: Sausage Egg.....Plant Burrito

Shopping List
whole wheat flour
dates
oil
baking powder
salt
"milk"
7-10 russet potatoes
brown rice
cabbage
2-3 onions
veganaise
spinach
orange juice
frozen fruit
oatmeal
1 apple
1 bunch bananas
nuts
sugar
shredded coconut
eggplant
tortillas

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Please explain to your viewing/reading audience that the "forbidden" breakfast for dinner issue was not the making of your mother. I LOVE BREAKFAST FOR DINNER! I guess I just love food...dang it!

    ReplyDelete