Day 30: Spit Pea Soup

5:34 PM The Hydes 0 Comments

My husband lovingly refers to this as "split duke soup" thanks for the witty fifth grade humor. This is probably because my mom says it is baby poop green. I don't know what she's feeding her babies but I've never seen poop that color. With that said - I like it. This is one of my favorite soups. It's so comforting and creamy and so easy to make. I suppose with that intro I better not go into a description and should just skip to the recipe.

Split Pea Soup

1 lb split peas
salt
water
(who won't love that?)

Pour the split peas into your slow cooker. Cover with water and add a sprinkle of salt. Turn it on and let 'er rip.....perhaps the wrong phrase....excuse me. Keep an eye on it and stir it throughout the day. We serve it with homemade toast and a splash of tabasco.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: