Day 89: Sugar Waxing

11:57 PM The Hydes 0 Comments

In this blog I may get a bit graphic so brace yourself.
Here in Samoa you can not get hair removal products. After 6 months I started to look like Sasquatch and even my husband was suggesting having a mustache race to see who could grow the thickest mustache before we went home. When he couldn't look me in the eye any more I realized I had to do something. I found sugaring as my saving grace. I find that it doesn't hurt near as much as waxing and it is so much easier to work with since it just washes off with warm water. Since you probably have all the stuff you need at home its tuns cheaper too!

Sugaring mix

2 c white processed yucky sugar
1/2 c water
2 tb lemon juice

stir everything together in a sauce pan and simmer. Stir regularly till the sugar turns a dark amberish brown color. While it is still hot pour into a jar and let cool. Once it is cool you should be able to scoop it with your hands and roll into a ball. Dust the clean area you want to wax with baby powder. Apply the wax in the direction of hair. Using strips of fabric (I cut up an old sheet and it gave me a bunch that I use in different sizes for different areas - plus they rinse out easy and are re-usable!) apply the fabric and rub to heat up the wax. Then pull the skin tight and quickly rip the heck out of the area you are waxing in the opposite direction of hair growth. It's best to do this when no one else is home so no one will hear you scream. Allow screaming to come, it's natural, and the more natural the better. It's quite therapeutic. And may I point out that it is a guy pulling the wax off in the picture....pansy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: