Day 85: Toothpaste

8:37 PM The Hydes 0 Comments


All through our marriage my husband has been looking for the perfect toothpaste. You would think that by the age of 32 he would have found it by now. I can't tell you how many different kinds of toothpaste we have tried. I even broke down and bought the real expensive stuff to please the man but to no avail. Finally, when we moved to Amerikan Samoa we were unable to get any sort of toothpaste that met his standard.
Matthew, as many know, is quite the naturalist. I'm sure he would use a twig and a pine cone as a toothbrush if I let him. He says that all the toothpastes on the market are too sweet, thus loaded with sugar, thus not good for our teeth. I thought he was crazy until I made our own. Now I can't stand store toothpaste. They really are so sweet! While this toothpaste does take a little getting use to, it definitely shows how much sugar is in toothpaste.


Toothpaste

1 glass bottle or plastic tube
1/2 c baking soda
2 tb hydrogen peroxide
or 15 drops food grade hydrogen peroxide
8-10 drops peppermint essential oil
enough water to make a paste

Mix everything together in your container. At walmart they have a plastic squeeze bottle in the travel section that works great!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: