Day 88: Toothbrush Soak

10:42 PM The Hydes 2 Comments

On my mission we had regular demonstration on health by my favorite Sister Crockett. On one occasion she started chucking pieces of white bread into the audience to demonstrate that it would take a loaf and a half of white bread to equal the nutrition of one piece of wheat bread. On another occasion she told us that our tooth brushes were a breading ground for millions of germs and bacteria and so we were commanded to boil our toothbrushes on a regular basis.

Wanting to be the obedient missionary, I went right home and started the water boiling.....and then I forgot about it. I went about getting ready for bed and when I went to go and brush my teeth I realized where my toothbrush.....or should I say former toothbrush was. It was now a glob of goo all over the pan and would not come off.

To save you the trouble of scrubbing a pan for hours or ultimately buying a new pan like I did, here is a safer, time saving alternative.

Toothbrush Soak
In a cup that you can relegate to the bathroom pour :

1/4 c hydrogen peroxide
4 drops peppermint essential oil

Place your toothbrush in the mix when not in use. The hydrogen peroxide will keep the brush clean and the peppermint will kill germs and leave your brush minty fresh. Replace the mixture once a week. Obviously you'll get a lot more benefit if the bristles are facing down.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! I'm sorry to hear what happened to your toothbrush! People do forget sometimes, like me, for me instance. I always forget to bring it every time I travel, so I buy a new one every time. Now I've got a collection of travel toothbrushes. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - I know just what you mean! why is that what is always forgotten? and you don't realize until you need it and you're stuck runsing a dozen times and chewing minty gum till you can get one. I'm afraid this recipe won't help you remember but atleast you can keep all those toothbrushes clean :)

    ReplyDelete