Day 83: Dishwasher Detergent

7:27 PM The Hydes 0 Comments

If you've read my post about dish soap you know that I know that dish soap and dish Washer soap are two completely different things. But, that still left me with the dilemma of what to put in the dishwasher. If you think about it, your washing your dishes with chemicals that leave a residue and then you eat off them. Ya, I don't think so! Here is a recipe that will clean those dishes, nix the residue and the water spots and you don't have to worry about the bubble fiasco....but I do recommend it if you're looking for some good clean fun!

Dishwasher Detergent
1 c borax
1 c baking soda
10 drops lemon
10 drops grapefruit
2 c white vinegar

In a container mix the borax, baking soda, and essential oils. In a pour bottle put the vinegar. In the pre-wash section of your machine put the powder mix and in the other place with the lid put the vinegar. The vinegar gets rid of the residue and water spots and rinses away all the junk. You may also want to run the dish washer once in a while with just the vinegar to make sure it's clean. I just heard a report that 94% of dishwashers that were examined in a study had mold. Vinegar will help a lot with that. Or hand washing can help with that too. I remember one week as a kid when our dishwasher broke. That was one of the most bonding experiences of my young life for my family. The family that works together... works!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: