Friday, March 15, 2013

Sausage Gravy Bisquits

After living in the south I often....really often crave something fatty and heavy and deep fried. But the mere thought of typing that makes me shiver. It's like talking yourself into trying something very non-vegan and you find you can't get it past your lips. This recipe seems to help those cravings. In the previous post I wrote about a new love in my life - Cream of everything mix. The other morning I was searching for something to make for breakfast and having been oatmealed out I gave this a try. It made the list of new family faves after my 2 year old had his third helping. I hope you like it as much as they did.

Vegan Sausage Gravy

1/3 c cream of mix
1 1/3 c liquid
2 sausages (or morning star brand)
4 pieces of toast or bisquits

Make gravy and crumble in the sausages. Pour over toast and serve hot. You may want to double this. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I visited your blog.
    Congratulations for your work!! An interesting and nice blog!!
    Good luck with your blog!
    Greetings from Algarve, Portugal
    Paulo Gonçalves

    I invite you to visit my blog
    http://viajaredescobrir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paulo
    Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for the link to your blog. Your pictures are fantastic!
    Thanks again
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete