Tuna Salad

8:39 PM The Hydes 0 Comments

I can't begin to tell you how many cans of tuna fish I consumed as a child. Truly, I kept half of Samoa employed at the starkist factory cranking out can after can. As a kid I loved the stuff. Forget PB&J - in my lunch box it was either sushi made with tuna fish or a tuna sandwich. I've loved tuna all my life...that was until IT happened. That fateful day still haunts my memory. It started out heavenly. My gorgeous hubby who should have tried out for Baywatch as a hunky life guard showed up on campus to bring me a surprise picnic lunch. We sat under a plumaria tree with the faint sound of waves crashing on the beach a block a way. He laid out a nice mat and pulled out some crackers, an avocado, and a can of tuna fish, what more could I want? Well, perhaps not having a worm in my can of tuna would be a good start...I haven't touched the stuff since! This salad is a sufficient substitute. I even took it to a carnivorous family gathering and the one person there who was brave enough to try it said she loved it!

Tuna Salad
1 can garbanzo beans mashed
pickle relish
 1 green onion chopped
1thingy celery chopped
dill weed

Smash your garbanzos with a fork and add the rest of the ingredients. Season with dill weed to taste. This is great as a sandwich or scoop some in the middle of an avocado and serve on mixed greens for a beautiful light dinner.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: